ATTENTION FIXED ROUTE PASSENGERS
Amarillo City Transit Fare Increase
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 21, 2019
- Adult: $1.00 per one-way trip
- Adult Day Pass: $2.00 unlimited trips per day
- Reduced for Disabled/Senior/Students (K-12): $.50 per one-way trip
- Reduced Fare Day Pass: $1.00 unlimited trips per day.
- Monthly Pass: $30.00
- Amarillo College Students & Faculty ride free with proper ID
All passengers are required to pay the full fare when boarding a bus. Passengers must pay the full Adult Fare unless they have the proper identification to pay a reduced fare and must show the driver their reduced fare identification card when boarding the bus.
Please note that transfers will no longer be issued. You will need to purchase a Day Pass if you need to transfer to another bus to complete your trip. Day passes are good for the entire day. A reduced ID card must be presented to the operator to be entitled to a reduced fare or day pass.
You can purchase a Day Pass from your Bus Operator.
Day and Monthly Passes may be purchased at City Hall with cash, check, debit or credit card. You can also purchase Passes with check or exact change at the ACT office located at 801 S.E. 23rd Ave. on Route 33. Monthly passes will be available the last week of each month and the first 2 days of the month. A monthly pass will entitle you to unlimited rides for the entire month.
For more information call 378-3095.
Press #1 for Fixed Routes Information
Press #4 for Hours of Operation
Route and Schedule Information
Route and schedule information can be obtained by writing or calling:
Amarillo City Transit
801 S.E. 23rd Ave.
Amarillo, TX 79105-1971
TTY though Texas Relay Services at 7-1-1
Service Hours and Holidays
Service is provided Monday through Saturday between 6:20a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
ACT is closed for the following holidays:
New Year's Day
ACT operates on a Saturday bus schedule for the following holidays:
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Day after Thanksgiving
All ACT buses are accessible to persons in wheelchairs. Should you need information to help transfer from one bus to the other, please notify the driver when you board the bus.
If you are a person with a disability (especially a vision impairment) who will be boarding the bus at a location where more than one bus will be passing, you may want to call the Amarillo City Transit dispatchers at 378-3095 prior to your trip. By notifying the driver in advance, you can ensure that they will watch for you at your stop.
Helpful Hints and Information
We are ready to take you where you want to go – work, school or shopping – quickly, economically and dependably. It is easy to ride ACT. With the following hints and helpful information, you will soon be an expert rider.
Arrive at the pick-up point a few minutes before the scheduled time
Cross the street at the intersection to board the bus. Do not cut across the street. Most intersections are equipped with pedestrian crossing devices to assist you.
- Allow others to exit before boarding.
- Buckle up.
- Deposit your fare directly into the farebox. ACT requires exact change for fares.
- Drivers do not carry change.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus. Drinks brought on the bus must have a tightly secured cap or lid that screws on. You may bring your lunch box or groceries in sacks.
- Do not play music on the bus, as other passengers may be disturbed.
- Do not bring pets or animals on the bus. Only service animals for people with disabilities are allowed.
- Do not smoke. Smoking is prohibited by State Law Section 48:01 (up to $200 fine).
- Signal the driver by pressing the strip located near the window about one block before your stop. Gather your belongings and exit through the same door you entered.
- Limit the amount of carry on items, for example, 2 bags of groceries. Carry on items must not block aisle or take a seat from another passenger.
- Passengers must be capable of carrying items on the bus without assistance and be able to stow the items on their lap.
- Passengers traveling with infants or children in strollers are asked to remove the child from the stroller and secure the child in the seat belt provided every time possible. Do not allow your child to stand in the seat.
- Please remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Drivers are not allowed to come into personal contact with any passenger or to carry their belongings.
- Passengers who become violent or disruptive are subject to service suspension and possible arrest by the Amarillo Police Department.
- When wheelchairs or scooters are being transported, their power source must be turned off and wheels securely locked.
- Reserve the front seats for persons with disabilities and senior citizens.
- All wheelchairs transported by ACT must be clean, with working brakes and must comply with the Americans with Disabilities ACT (ADA) size and weight requirements (less than 30” in width, 48” in length measured 2” above the ground and less that 600 pounds when occupied). Wheelchairs and scooters that exceed these limits will not be transported.
- Passengers using mobility aids, which cannot be secured in the vehicles using 4-point tie-downs, may be asked to transfer to a passenger seat for their safety.