Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) exists to provide and maintain a high level of public-health response readiness.
This program is responsible for:
- All hazards planning for protecting public health
- Plan and exercise mass vaccination/mass distribution of medications
- Strategic national stockpile coordination
- Collaboration with community partners in planning, response and evaluation
- Community education
My Emergency Plan Checklist
- Know your area and what disasters are possible
- Create a basic emergency supply kit
- Plan for special items needed by your family
- Make a to-go bag (everything you need for 3 days away from home)
- Know your evacuation routes
- Designate three family meeting spots
- Keep important phone numbers written down. Your phone may get damaged or lost
- Know the emergency procedures for your kids schools.
- If you have a pet, plan ahead for your pet.
For More Information
- Preparedness and Response Learning Center
- Texas Homeland Security
- CDC Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparation Supplies Sales Tax Holiday
Mark Price - Program Manager 806-378-6336
1000 Martin Road, Amarillo, TX 79107
24 Hour Emergency Number: 806-680-8980
Please “Like” our Facebook page for more health information.