- Search for Food and Recreational Water Inspections
- Search for Septic Records
- Food Establishment Permitting Documents
- Environmental Health Inspections
- Public Swimming Pool Permitting Documents
- Mobile Food Unit Permitting Documents
- Need to report a complaint or concern (mosquitoes, sewer spill, food related)
- Fee Schedule
The Environmental Health Department operates within the Community Services Division and is a member of the Amarillo Bi-City-County Health District. Environmental Health services are provided to the citizens of Amarillo and by cooperative agreement to the City of Canyon and Potter and Randall Counties. The services provided to Amarillo, Canyon, Potter and Randall Counties are fee-based.
What is Environmental Health?
Environmental Health is the expertise and science of minimizing human injury and illness and improving long-term human health by:
- Identifying and evaluating environmental contamination and hazardous agents
- Limiting exposures of chemical, physical and biological agents in food, water, soil and air as well as other environmental media or setting that may adversely affect human health.
The City of Amarillo Environmental Health Department employs multiple Environmental Health Specialists with the appropriate academic education, continual training and licenses to:
- Investigate, sample and assess hazardous environmental agents in various environmental media and settings
- Recommend and apply protective interventions that control hazards to health
- Develop and provide health communications and educational materials
- Engage community members to understand, address and resolve problems
- Review construction, land use plans and make appropriate recommendations
- Interpret research utilizing science and evidence to understand the relationship between health and the environment
- Interpret data and prepare technical summaries and reports.