What items may be placed on the curbside for pick-up?
Free at Landfill & Available for Curbside Pick-Up (Examples)
- Tree Limbs
- Large Toys
- Hot Tubs
- Hot Water Heater
- Large Household Items (including appliances)
Must Be Dropped Off at Landfill (Examples)
- Construction Materials
- Remodeling Materials
- Demolition Materials
- Garage Doors
Is there a fee for this service?
This service is free to Amarillo residents. All those who live outside the city limits must pay the landfill based on weight. For fees and other information, please contact the Landfill at (806) 359-2056.
Where do I place my bulky items?
Place bulky items in the grass near the sidewalk, allowing for pedestrian right-of-way. If you do not have a sidewalk, place bulky items no more than three (3) feet from the curb. Ensure that all items are away from fire hydrants, wires, or any other obstacle that may impede pick-up.
Why is the Solid Waste Collection division asking residents to place their bulky trash items on the front curb instead of in alleys next to dumpsters?
The Solid Waste Collection division provides safe and efficient collection of residential and commercial solid waste within the City limits. Because of potential hazards in alleyways including overhead power lines, trees, fences, gas lines, and other obstacles, it is neither safe nor efficient to continue providing bulky trash pick-up from alleys. For large items that do not fit into the dumpster, call (806) 378-6813 to schedule a pick-up.
How does Curbside Pick-up work?
- Call the Solid Waste Collection division to schedule a pick-up.
- You will be given a pick-up date.
- Place your items on the curb no earlier than 5:00PM the night before and no later than 7:00AM on the scheduled pick-up date.
- The items will be picked up within 24-hours of the scheduled pick-up date, except during inclement weather or other service delays.
- You will be contacted if there is a delay that is longer than 24-hours beyond the scheduled pick-up date.