The City Attorney is the chief legal officer for the entire municipal organization. The attorneys are obligated to represent and seek the good of the city government.
- represent the City of Amarillo, employees, and officials when sued
- represent the State of Texas in Municipal Court through department’s prosecutors
- conduct negotiations of various kinds
- offer legal advice and counsel to City Council, departments, and officials regarding City government operations and policies
- prepare or review legal documents necessary to accomplish its varied functions
- provide services and support to over 30 boards and commissions