Sex offender registration for offenders living inside the city limits of Amarillo is administered in accordance to Chapter 62 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. The sex offender must report in person to register or verify information. For Amarillo residents, sex offender registration is located at the Amarillo Police Department, 200 S.E. 3rd Ave., Third floor – Detective Division, Sex Offender Registration Office (Room 361).
Sex Offender registration appointments are accepted:
|Monday||8:00am - 11:40pm, 1:00pm - 3:40pm Closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 11:40pm, 1:00pm - 3:40pm Closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 11:40pm, 1:00pm - 3:40pm Closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 11:40pm, 1:00pm - 3:40pm Closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 11:40pm, 1:00pm - 3:40pm Closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm|
Offenders may show up for a “walk-in” appointment during these times. If the office will be closed for any reason, there be a notification posted on the door of the Registration Office.
Sex Offenders are required to provide the following information for registration and verification:
- Proof of identity-Texas Driver’s License or Texas Identification Card.
- The Texas Driver’s License or Identification Card must have the sex offender’s current address, and
- When applying for the DL or ID, the sex offender must notify the Texas Department of Public Safety that they are a registered sex offender.
- Proof of residence, i.e. a lease, rent receipt, proof of home ownership, or utility bill only. A registrant using a utility bill that does not list the registrant by name must submit a handwritten note from the utility customer. It must show a valid contact address and telephone number for the account holder and must state that the registrant resides at that address with permission of the utility customer listed on the bill.
Public information on sex offenders can be obtained through the DPS website. If you have questions or information about a sex offender or wish to report a violation, such as an offender not reporting an address change, please contact the Amarillo Police Department.
Contact for the Detective Division Special Victim's Unit
- Unit Commander, Lt. Scott Chappell: Scott.Chappell@amarillo.gov