Captain Louis Sanchez is the commander over the Patrol Division. The Patrol Division is located on the 6th floor of the Police Department Building.
The Patrol Division is the largest division in the Amarillo Police Department with well over half of all police officers assigned to the Division. The patrol officers respond to calls for service from the public and conduct the preliminary investigation of all incidents. The Patrol Division includes the following squads:
- 1st Watch: Uniformed patrol officers working from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- 2nd Watch: Uniformed patrol officers working from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 3rd Watch: Uniformed patrol officers working from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- NPO (Neighborhood Police Officers Unit): NPO Unit officers are assigned in pairs to five different areas of Amarillo. The officers maintain a satellite office in their designated areas, respond to calls in those areas, and work to foster a cooperative relationship between the APD and citizens through community contact. These officers may work from a patrol unit, on foot, or on a bicycle as part of their effort to stay in close contact with the citizens. Their hours vary with assignments.
- Amarillo Emergency Communications Center (Police Section)
- Canine Unit: Four uniformed officers who handle the department canines.
- DPS Aircraft TFO: A uniformed officer assigned to assist DPS in flight operations.
Each Uniform Division Watch is under the command of a lieutenant, who supervises sergeants that directly supervise patrol officers assigned to a particular area of the city.
A sergeant supervises the Motorcycle Squad and Parking Enforcement patrols.
Patrol Division Contact Information
To request an officer contact dispatch at: (806) 378-3038
- Division Commander - Captain: (806) 378-4255
- 1st Shift Patrol
- Lieutenant: (806) 378-6184
- Sergeants: (806) 378-6124
- 2nd Shift Patrol
- Lieutenant: (806) 378-4028
- Sergeants: (806) 378-6163
- 3rd Shift Patrol
- Lieutenant: (806) 378-6183
Sergeants: (806) 378-6125
- Neighborhood Patrol Officer Unit
- Sergeant: (806)378-9442
- Amarillo Emergency Communications Center
- Non-Emergency: (806)378-3038
- Emergency: 911