Captain Erick Bohannon is the Criminal Investigation Division Commander. The Criminal Investigation Division is located on the 3rd floor of the Police Building.
Detectives are responsible for the follow-up investigation of the majority of criminal cases occurring inside the City of Amarillo.
Investigations of cases involving adult suspects (offenders aged 17 and older) are assigned to different units, according to the nature of the crime.
- The Homicide Unit investigates all homicides that occur within the City of Amarillo. The Homicide Unit also investigates officer-involved shootings, in-custody deaths, infant deaths, deaths in fires, and any death in which the which the circumstances or cause are in question.
- The Special Victims Unit investigates crimes against children and sex offenses. This unit also administers the Department’s Sex Offender Registration Program.
- The Violent Crimes Unit investigates robberies and assaults.
- The Domestic Violence Unit investigates assaults and other crimes involving domestic partners.
- The Property Crimes Unit investigates residential and business burglaries as well as thefts, vandalisms and financial crimes. This unit DOES NOT INVESTIGATE AUTO THEFTS.
- The General Investigations Unit includes the Traffic Investigation Squad, Juvenile Offender Squad, and Civilian Investigators.
- The Panhandle Auto Burglary and Theft Unit was started Sept. 1, 2015 through a grant obtained by the 47th County District Attorney’s office. The “PABTU” unit consists of investigators from PCSO, RCSO, DPS, and APD. The unit investigates stolen auto cases. Public service programs and education are offered to help reduce auto theft and auto burglary.
Contacts for the Detective Division
|Administrative Assistants-Detective Division|
|Administrative Assistant||(806) 378-4251|
|Administrative Assistant||(806) 378-4262|
|Administrative Supervisor||(806) 378-4258|
|Administrative Assistant for Traffic Investigations Squad-Shanean Graham||(806) 378-4250|
|Ms. S. Valencia||(806) 378-6107|
|Capt. Erick Bohannon||(806) 378-4269|
|General Investigations Unit Lieutenant (Traffic Investigation, Pawn Shop Detail, Civilian Investigators, Juvenile Offender Squad)|
|Lt. J. Clements||(806) 378-9440|
|Special Victims Unit|
|Lt. S. Chappell||(806) 378-9411|
|Violent Crimes Unit|
|Lt. W. Pennington||(806) 378-5237|
|Property Crimes Unit|
|Lt. S. Chadwick||(806) 378-9403|
|Administrative Assistant||(806) 378-9468|
|Domestic Violence Unit|
|Lt. D. Ponder||(806) 378-6135|
|Rubi Morales-Domestic Violence High Risk Coordinator||(806) 378-9412|
|Panhandle Auto Burglary and Theft Unit|
| Patrick McBroom, Commander
|Lt. J. Krizan||(806) 378-4243|
Forms/Files/Texas DPS Sex Offender Database
(Applications, Forms, Documents or Links for public use)