The City of Amarillo currently maintains 5 non-hazardous waste recycling centers located throughout the City and both counties. These centers are administered by the City of Amarillo Solid Waste Department and accept used oil, paper, aluminum cans, and tin cans. These centers do not accept anti-freeze, solvents, transmission fluids, or any hazardous waste materials. These sites are TCEQ registered used oil collection centers.
- The primary center is located in East Central Amarillo, at the City’s service center, at 27th and Hayes street, (TCEQ registration # C80957)
- A second one is located in North Amarillo, in Potter County, at the Fire Station at the intersection of Hastings and River Road, (TCEQ registration # C80958)
- A third one is located in Western Amarillo, in Potter County at the Fire Station at the intersection of Western and Sixth street, (TCEQ registration # C80959)
- A fourth center is located in Southwest Amarillo, in Randall County, at the Fire Station at the intersection of 34th and Soncy road, (TCEQ registration # C80960)
- A fifth center is located in South Amarillo, in Randall County, at the intersection of Estacado and Bell streets, (TCEQ registration # C80961)
The City arranges for private vendors to collect oil, paper, and cans from these sights.
To access a table of City owned recycling facilities and the items that they accept, please visit our Recycling Opportunities section. Used motor oil, anti-freeze, and other recyclable materials may also be dropped off at selected private facilities.