|COVID-19 RELATED INFORMATION: Effective Monday, March 23, 2020 - The Jim Simms Building will be closed to the public until further notice.|
For more COVID-19 Development Services impacts, click here
Development Services Customer Service personnel are focused on providing outstanding customer service. We do this by assisting the development community and property/business owners navigate through the various development related regulations and requirements that are designed to maintain and enhance Amarillo's quality of life and character.
Development Services Customer Service personnel also serve as a single intake point for all Planning and Development Engineering application submittals and payments. Once the application is deemed complete, the processing of each application begins.
|Development Customer Service Coordinator:|
The Development Customer Service Coordinator (DCSC) can assist in all types of residential and commercial development. By providing a single, consistent point-of-contact, the DCSC helps facilitate development projects as they navigate the municipal development and permitting process.
- By providing customers a single point-of-contact to help with questions related to development processes, applications, and department personnel
- By assisting the development community in coordinating and scheduling discovery type meetings (example - Preliminary Application Conference) with relevant City staff
- Assist customers with application submittals and application review/approval status requests
- By providing a liaison to local development related groups (developers, contractors, design professionals, realtors, etc.) to help communicate/educate city development ordinances, procedures and standards
- Serves as a liaison between City staff and customers when issues or concerns arise
- Helps ensure that concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Assists in finding resolutions to potential or existing issues related to City development regulations, requirements, or other matters