Most construction projects require a permit from the city as described in the International Building Code Sec. 105:
Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by this code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit.
Work exempt from permit. Exemptions from permit requirements of this code shall not be deemed to grant authorization for any work to be done in any manner in violation of the provisions of this code or any other laws or ordinances of this jurisdiction.
The following projects are exempt from permit requirements:
Roofs: Requirements for Roof Permit
STORAGE SHEDS – PLAYHOUSES – OTHER SIMILAR STRUCTURES
One story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed 200 square feet.
Fences not over 8 feet tall do not require a permit. There are maximum allowable heights in the front and rear yards, and special conditions for corner lots. Call this department for more information at 806-378-3533 for more information.
Exception: Regardless of height, a permit is required for construction, alteration or repairs of the mandatory barrier/enclosure for swimming pools or spas, whether the barrier/enclosure is used in a residential or commercial application.
Retaining walls that are not over 4 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge or impounding Class I, II or IIIA liquids.
Sidewalks and driveways not more than 30 inches above adjacent grade, and not over any basement or story below and are not part of an accessible route.
Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, countertops and similar finish work.
Pre-fabricated swimming pools accessory to a Group R-3 occupancy (residential) that are less than 24 inches deep and do not exceed 5,000 gallons are installed entirely above ground.
Shade cloth structures, constructed for nursery or agricultural purposes, not including service systems.
Swings and other playground equipment accessory to detached one- and two-family dwellings.
Window awnings supported by an exterior wall that does not project more than 54 inches from the exterior wall and do not require additional support of Group R-3 (residential) and U occupancies.
Non-fixed and movable fixtures, cases, racks, counters and partitions not over 5 feet 9 inches in height.
1. Repairs and maintenance: Minor repair work, including the replacement of bulbs, ballast, switches, receptacles of existing electrical apparatus (All replacements must be of the same rating and type as the existing installation.); the connection of approved portable electrical equipment to approved permanently installed receptacles.
1. Portable heating appliance.
2. Replacement of any minor part that does not alter approval of equipment or make such equipment unsafe.
1. Portable heating appliance.
2. Portable ventilation equipment.
3. Portable cooling equipment.
4. Steam, hot or chilled water piping within any heating or cooling equipment regulated by this code.
5. Replacement of any part that does not alter its approval or make it unsafe.
6. Portable evaporative cooler.
7. Self-contained refrigeration system containing 10 pounds or less of refrigerant and actuated by motors of 1 horsepower or less.
1. The stopping of leaks in drains, water, soil, waste or vent pipe, provided, however, that if any concealed trap, drain pipe, water, soil, waste or vent pipe becomes defective and it becomes necessary to remove and replace the same with new material, such work shall be considered as new work and a permit shall be obtained and inspection made as provided in this code.
2. The clearing of stoppages or the repairing of leaks in pipes, valves or fixtures and the removal and reinstallation of water closets, provided such repairs do not involve or require the replacement or rearrangement of valves, pipes or fixtures.
Where equipment replacements and repairs must be performed in an emergency situation, the permit application shall be submitted within the next working business day.
Application or notice to the building official is not required for ordinary repairs to structures, replacement of lamps or the connection of approved portable electrical equipment to approved permanently installed receptacles.
Such repairs shall not include the cutting away of any wall, partition or portion thereof, the removal or cutting of any structural beam or load-bearing support, or the removal or change of any required means of egress, or rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the egress requirements; nor shall ordinary repairs include addition to, alteration of, replacement or relocation of any standpipe, water supply, sewer, drainage, drain leader, gas, soil, waste, vent or similar piping, electrical wiring or mechanical or other works affecting public health or general safety.
Violations of this code will be considered as “Work Started Without Permit” subject to a late fee of $250.00 plus permit fee for first occurrence. A second or subsequent occurrence will be subject to a late fee of $500.00 plus three times the permit fee.
Mannheim Steamroller Christmas
- Date: 11/27/2019
- Location: Auditorium
401 S. Buchanan
Amarillo, Texas 79101
Mannheim Steamroller Christmas
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Civic Center Complex Auditorium
Onsale to the Public July 26th at noon
Do you remember the first time you heard “Mannheim Steamroller Christmas”? Join the celebration as Mannheim Steamroller makes history again - Celebrating 35 years of holiday magic as they bring their annual holiday tour to fans throughout the country. Experience the performance of the #1 Christmas music artist in history and for the first time ever, hear the entire album that started it all, LIVE - "Mannheim Steamroller Christmas!"
Groups of 10 or more Call 806-378-3096, or come by the Civic Center Box Office, 401 S. Buchanan From 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday-Saturday.